The city of Kilgore is turning to its neighbor for help digitizing records
at its three municipal cemeteries.

Geographic information systems employees for the city of Longview are
helping Kilgore build an online database for the thousands of graves and
unused burial plots at Danville Cemetery, City Cemetery and Kilgore
Memorial Gardens.

“Right now, if someone wants to find a loved one but don’t know where they
were buried, they have to come here (to City Hall) and we have to go
through files,” said Kilgore City Manager Josh Selleck. “It’s a laborious
process versus being able to click on a map of the cemetery.”

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2w5JgAB&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=rihn2GyEi0UXvSs5hUj7dYV0DE-wFomWqYzHgvavd04&s=1Lu10IUPOx-vDBaqE7hCUQg4dtENsHChUaiAkHkUU4Y&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2w5JgAB-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=rihn2GyEi0UXvSs5hUj7dYV0DE-wFomWqYzHgvavd04&s=LsOFxlu0GFMz9YFMZlNZpU8Izel2wggkdINNIXeqyWY&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx