Dear all,

after the "Invasion of the Physicists" (Bonacich 2004), is the next wave building up in data science?

Termeh Shafie will be presenting our position at Sunbelt XXXVIII in Utrecht on Sunday, July 1. As a heads-up for those of you interested in the relationships between social networks, network science, complex networks, and data science, we placed a 3-page draft at

  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__depot.uni-2Dkonstanz.de_cgi-2Dbin_exchange.pl-3Fg-3Dcga6mf4ctm&d=DwIBAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=-C0ay1lCllBGBrlhdVQknOHEW1slWzJk7rcAcoUhPlo&s=mjbbs7SrktpItUSjmZcCADm1nTgo8fPjq0E_AS1rfsc&e= (70 KB, pdf)

We'd love to hear your ideas, get a sense of the general sentiment, and integrate your feedback into this opinion piece.

See you in Utrecht,

B.

--
Prof. Dr. Ulrik Brandes - NEW ADDRESS: