Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 18:56:02 +0200
From: VAN METER Karl <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [bms-rc33] Meeting - Networks in the Global World (4-6 Jul,
     St. Petersburg RU)

>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the BMS <<
       >> Soumettez vos articles méthodologiquement intéressants au BMS <<

Thanks to Jan Fuhse & [log in to unmask]

4th Networks in the Global World conference takes place in St. Petersburg on
July 4-6 2018.

The goal of the NetGloW conference series is to bring together networks
researchers from around the globe, to unite the efforts of various
scientific disciplines in response to the key challenges faced by
network studies today, and to exchange diverse research results  thus
enabling analysis of global social processes as well as theoretical and
methodological advancements. The conference is open to discussions on
various types of networks studied by social scientists - social,
cultural, semantic, material, organizational, economical, political and
other.

In 2018, the main conference topic is devoted to the principles and
patterns that bring to life network ensembles observed by different
disciplines in various spheres of social life.

The conference is organized by Centre for German and European Studies
of St. Petersburg State University and Bielefeld University. it is
supported by the International Sociological Association (ISA) and German
Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), and endorsed by INSNA.

Confirmed keynote and invited speakers:

      Tom Snijders, University of Groningen
      Peter Bearman, Columbia University
      Robin Wagner-Pacifici, New School for Social Research
      John Levi-Martin, University of Chicago
      Sophie Mützel, University of Lucerne
      Johan Koskinen, University of Manchester
      IIna Hellsten, University of Amsterdam
      Camille Roth, Sciences Po, Paris
      Peng Wang, Swinburne University of Technology
      Nina Kolleck, Free University of Berlin
      Christof Parnreiter, University of Hamburg

For more information visit: ngw.spbu.ru/programme [1]):

      Statistical network modeling
      Cultural and social duality
      Socio-semantic networks
      Qualitative network analysis
      Socio-material networks
      Social media networks
      Urban networks
      Networks in arts
      Networks in science, technology, and innovation
      Social movements and collective action networks
      Political and policy-making networks

The conference will also feature a selection of workshops and round
tables.

Fee: standard: 50 EUR, MA and PhD students: 20 EUR. Participation in a
workshop does not involve an additional fee.

Further information: ngw.spbu.ru [3]; [log in to unmask]

Links:
------
[1]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ngw.spbu.ru_programme&amp;d=DwMFaQ&amp;c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&amp;r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&amp;m=6ycKzeSWeaiHfJJL8tIYEApMM_Qex7xs3ukQf-RLT24&amp;s=aLXHpLZrRyW7zkPEIEmwlj8-WxClgCoU5Kc194-NS40&amp;e=
[2]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ngw.spbu.ru_submission&amp;d=DwMFaQ&amp;c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&amp;r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&amp;m=6ycKzeSWeaiHfJJL8tIYEApMM_Qex7xs3ukQf-RLT24&amp;s=ZJmTzdoXfbBAzcv8q6F2jeP9UZ0ONk6ZOyxzwaUDzN4&amp;e=
[3]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ngw.spbu.ru_&amp;d=DwMFaQ&amp;c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&amp;r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&amp;m=6ycKzeSWeaiHfJJL8tIYEApMM_Qex7xs3ukQf-RLT24&amp;s=6dCklAyitNPrUpXdBssjXVuyR83Vyoa_NbErJLoAelk&amp;e=

*
* Karl M. van Meter              BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie Sociologique
* [log in to unmask]           (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)
* tel 33 (0)1 43 25 26 57        Web https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__journals.sagepub.com_home_bms&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=R0AxzUeRDHrJXMbgdMWUogEpgO2ClE72LCfrliMPN2I&s=Jytx_n52NPCoV1U8l60zBYWWM8_lGQnbSm4ldt1PFWs&e=
*                                Blog https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__karlvanmeter.wordpress.com_&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=R0AxzUeRDHrJXMbgdMWUogEpgO2ClE72LCfrliMPN2I&s=7WkSa5D2Wlsuys0A3lyd9ZuB4bmPmgQz-xil_EZUkIk&e=
* Ecole normale supérieure       distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 48 boulevard Jourdan           free distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 75014 Paris, France
*                                RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* BMS-AIMS                       Methodology of the International
* 45 rue Linné                   Sociological Association (ISA)
* 75005 Paris, France            https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.rc33.org_&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=R0AxzUeRDHrJXMbgdMWUogEpgO2ClE72LCfrliMPN2I&s=-rRAt9q84zJsSF4PYRL5YhZ--M167OOb1tRjTKNxBfQ&e=
*
*                   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ens.academia.edu_KarlMvanMeter&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=R0AxzUeRDHrJXMbgdMWUogEpgO2ClE72LCfrliMPN2I&s=l-EQ0VmQvUCbKL0FUT3Khk_F5JqZT8eTHhPsf_rL-os&e=