Dear Socneters,

We are delighted to announced our call for abstracts for our Satellite workshop, SpaceNet, to be held in the forthcoming CCS2018.

http://spacenet.sci-app.com/

The goal of this workshop is to bring an academic environment for discussions, between computer scientists, geographers, sociologists, physicists, data scientists and any researchers working in the phenomena intersecting Big Data, Spatial Systems and Quantitative Geography.

Big Data analysis has given rise a big expansion of new knowledge in the last decade, and geo- localized data is one of its newest born lines of research. We are interested in speaking about the new and not so new developments in the interdisciplinary merging of lines intersecting Space and Big Data. We are also interested in the latest developments that network science can bring to spatial networks.

We can mention as a scope (but not constrained to) for the workshop:

Submissions for oral presentations (20 min) are welcome!!

If you have nice material to share within the scope of our satellite please send to [log in to unmask] an extended abstract, one page (including a figure).

Important dates:

Abstract submission deadline: 8th July, 2018

Notification of acceptance: 22nd July, 2018

Satellite: 27th September, 2018

See you on the CCS’2018 at Thessaloniki!!!!

--
Yérali Gandica

Scientific Researcher

Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) & Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics (ICTEAM).
Université Catholique de Louvain

& Collaborateur Scientifique at CeReFiM. UNamur • Université de Namur

https://yerali.wordpress.com/