*-- Apologies for cross-posting --*

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to the inaugural *Complex Systems for the Most
Vulnerable* workshop (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cs4v18.weebly.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Jc5s0VbS8oL_rpk06tJkPiP-jpdC4tWMHSnlAyj1wT4&s=PVE8oXPmUYgSmF3osTTOO8AYncyknk24yscylmZPsQ0&e=), that will take place at
CCS2018 in Thessaloniki on September 27, 2018.

*Please note that the abstract submission deadline has been extended to
June 15.*

In recent years we have seen efforts such as the ‘data for good’ grow into
the more mature ‘data science for good’, with increasing momentum across
the development and research communities and the private sector. However,
Complex Systems studies are often focused on on high income country
contexts, and when they are not, they appear scattered within the larger
body of research. We see a unique opportunity to convene scientific
researchers applying their knowledge to vulnerable populations, with those
promoting hard science within UN operations.

This workshop will not only serve to share relevant research in the area
but also to co-define priorities within this community, along with
researchers from the UN community. Our vision is to establish a vision to
positively impact the humanitarian and development efforts as well as to
deeply embed the priorities of the most vulnerable into the research agenda
of the scientific community.

Please consider submitting an abstract by *June 15* via the EasyChair
website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__easychair.org_conferences_-3Fconf-3Dcs4v18&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Jc5s0VbS8oL_rpk06tJkPiP-jpdC4tWMHSnlAyj1wT4&s=fJf1VtjXZpkd7NlfmqJOig3MJgFyJwu8WbVi17WAtQ8&e=
Submissions should be at most two pages long and include the following
information: title of the talk, author(s), affiliation(s), e-mail
address(es), abstract and one or two figures.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by e-mail no later than June
25.

Best regards,
Elisa Omodei

on behalf of the organising committee
Elisa Omodei, Vedran Sekara, Manuel Garcia-Herranz (UNICEF Office of
Innovation) and Alex Rutherford (MIT Media Lab)