-- Apologies for cross-posting --

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to the inaugural Complex Systems for the Most Vulnerable workshop (https://cs4v18.weebly.com/), that will take place at CCS2018 in Thessaloniki on September 27, 2018.

Please note that the abstract submission deadline has been extended to June 15.

In recent years we have seen efforts such as the ‘data for good’ grow into the more mature ‘data science for good’, with increasing momentum across the development and research communities and the private sector. However, Complex Systems studies are often focused on on high income country contexts, and when they are not, they appear scattered within the larger body of research. We see a unique opportunity to convene scientific researchers applying their knowledge to vulnerable populations, with those promoting hard science within UN operations.

This workshop will not only serve to share relevant research in the area but also to co-define priorities within this community, along with researchers from the UN community. Our vision is to establish a vision to positively impact the humanitarian and development efforts as well as to deeply embed the priorities of the most vulnerable into the research agenda of the scientific community.

Please consider submitting an abstract by June 15 via the EasyChair website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cs4v18
Submissions should be at most two pages long and include the following information: title of the talk, author(s), affiliation(s), e-mail address(es), abstract and one or two figures.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by e-mail no later than June 25.

Best regards,
Elisa Omodei

on behalf of the organising committee
Elisa Omodei, Vedran Sekara, Manuel Garcia-Herranz (UNICEF Office of Innovation) and Alex Rutherford (MIT Media Lab)