Big question. I like that you are building up from psychometric theory or
from micro metrics to macro issues -- in other words I don't think that
approach is *a priori* 'flat-out wrong.' Thomas Schelling's book *Micromotives
and Macrobehavior* may be useful in illuminating that issue from a
generalizable economic point of view.

Another way to approach 'organizational innovation' is to reverse engineer
the thinking of some of the field's most prominent academics. In my opinion
current exemplars include Rita McGrath at Columbia (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ritamcgrath.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=oMHWD3Dl5HXPILyn26MBzFX4-WUlXLu1Nsa5NaYpnVE&s=NSukllT_kwANM5enbujjRUDBHpZFR0u3dBtxfMPFaE8&e=) who has written many foundational books and
articles. Alexander Osterwalder (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__alexosterwalder.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=oMHWD3Dl5HXPILyn26MBzFX4-WUlXLu1Nsa5NaYpnVE&s=K62owuqYVuhn2ckoOn49nJpIQBf2NUVjTXFGP9f8fNo&e=) who has
developed web tools (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__strategyzer.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=oMHWD3Dl5HXPILyn26MBzFX4-WUlXLu1Nsa5NaYpnVE&s=CeK_ZYwfTNb30HlCse3bLcxufyUjf9bwIKd6Ay6ynYY&e=) devoted to building up best
organizational practices; as well as Steve Blank (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__steveblank.com_about_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=oMHWD3Dl5HXPILyn26MBzFX4-WUlXLu1Nsa5NaYpnVE&s=vjsSeDNmrNZcrg98HNjjgne-rrP7asD0ee7R90qWDWI&e=).

Of course there are many, many more contributors, particularly in the area
of strategic management.

Hope this helps,
Thomas Ball