Dear Water Institute Faculty and Students:

We are now soliciting nominations for the 2018 - 2019 The Water Institute Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series. The Seminar Series consists of high profile scholars who are invited to visit the UF campus. We have found that the visits work best if the speaker is co-hosted by a few Water Institute faculty and/or student members who have an active interest in building a relationship with, or collaborating with, the invited speaker. In general these visits are composed of a Water Institute Seminar and meetings with interested Water Institute affiliated faculty and students to discuss future strategic initiatives and partnerships.

By nominating a speaker, you would agree to serve as their host for the day. This would include roundtable discussions with your lab and other faculty & students, and taking them to meals. Travel and hosting expenses are covered by the Water Institute. You can find the list of speakers who have participated in our Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series at http://waterinstitute.ufl.edu/seminars/seminars.asp.  Typically we are most successful in attracting prominent speakers when we invite them at 4-6 months in advance.

Please email me your nominations for the 2018 - 2019 Seminar Series, along with the faculty and students interested in co-hosting the visit, by July 6th.

Thanks,

Lisette Staal

Lisette M. Staal, Research Coordinator
UF Water Institute
570 Weil Hall, PO Box 116601
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida 32611-6601
Phone 352-294-7742
Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.waterinstitute.ufl.edu<http://www.waterinstitute.ufl.edu/>