North American Social Networks (NASN) Conference 2018

A Regional Conference of the

International Network for Social Network Analysis (INSNA)

November 27-30, 2018

Washington, DC, USA

EARLYBIRD RATES END SOON!!!  Friday night to be specific!

CALL  FOR ABSTRACTS IS OPEN!!!

Visit the Conference Website

http://insna.org/nasn2018/

Email[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

We have workshops posted and lots of organized sessions that you should look forward to, including:

Applications of Social Network Analysis in Public Health

Complementarity of the Network Sciences: distinctions, tensions and synergies across SNA, NS and the other system sciences.

Innovations in social network based interventions

Neuroscience and Networks

Religion and Networks

Political and Networks

Words and Networks

Software and Networks

Social Networks and Health Interventions

STEM Education and SNA

Panel Discussion on The Use of SNA by the U.S. Military: Steps forward, Missteps, and Where Next

DoD Funder’s Panel

We will also be holding a “Grand Challenge” and winners will get prizes.  Still waiting to get these confirmed, but it will be great!  Check out the website…if you dare!

We are trying something new.  If you wish to submit a conference paper or full paper in addition to your abstract, we will fast track the review process for publication in either Connections or the Journal of Social Structure, the two official journals of INSNA.  You are of course welcome to just submit an abstract, or register and attend the talks without presenting.

NASN is also trying to make a difference in the local community.  Graduate students from Johns Hopkins and American universities are teaching a STEM Academy course on social network analysis to Middle and High School students who will present their term research projects in a special poster session at the conference.  We are hoping to explore ways in which we can effectively reach younger students with SNA and get them interested in quantitative social science as well as use the social sciences to motivate STEM interest.  We hope that you can join us, interact with these young scholars and discuss careers in SNA.

Of course we will have a hospitality suite.  We will facilitate networking and collaboration as long as you can stay awake.  We hope to see you there.

Contact Ian McCulloh [log in to unmask] Kim Glasgow [log in to unmask] or Tony Johnson [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

Ian

Ian McCulloh, Ph.D.

Parsons Fellow, Bloomberg School of Public Health

Senior Lecturer, Whiting School of Engineering

Senior Scientist (QAI), Applied Physics Laboratory

Johns Hopkins University

11100 Johns Hopkins Road

Laurel, MD 20723-6099

Cell: 240-506-3417