Also on learning styles:

I wrote an article entitled "Learning Styles: Fuhgeddaboudit?" that is posted on the Georgia Tutoring Association (GaTA) blogsite:

http://georgiatutoringassociation.org/blog/

During tutor training, we asked our tutors to consider a time when either they or their tutees experienced difficulties in learning based on a presentation style vs. learning style conflict. Tutors wrote about their experiences by explaining the problem, their response to the situation, and the outcome. The discussion itself was worthwhile!

Tamar Perla Cantwell
Assistant Director, Academic Resource Center
Mercer University

Phone: 478/301-2669
Web: http://arc.mercer.edu