Here a few more articles...

Cuevas, J. A. (2015). Is learning styles-based instruction effective? A comprehensive analysis of recent research on learning styles. Theory and Research in Education, 13(3). 308-333. doi: 10.1177/1477878515606621 http://tre.sagepub.com/content/current

Cuevas, J. A. (2016). An analysis of current evidence supporting two alternate learning models: Learning styles and dual coding. Journal of Educational Sciences & Psychology, 6(1). 1-13. http://jesp.upg-ploiesti.ro/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=24:journal-vol-vi-lxviii-no-12016&Itemid=16

Jessen, F., Heun, R., Erb, M., Granath, D. O., Klose, U., Papassotiropoulos, A., & Grodd, W. (2000). The concreteness effect: Evidence for dual coding and context availability. Brain and Language, 74, 103-112. doi: 10.1006/brln.2000.2340 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10924219

Paivio, A., Walsh, M., Bons, T. (1994). Concreteness effects on memory: When and why? Journal of Experimental Psychology, (20)5, 1196-1204. http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&id=1995-04383-001

Pashler, H., McDaniel, M., Rohrer, D., & Bjork, R. (2009). Learning styles: Concepts and evidence. Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 9, 105-119https://www.psychologicalscience.org/journals/pspi/PSPI_9_3.pdf

Rogowsky, B. A., Calhoun, B. M., & Tallal, P. (2015). Matching learning style to instructional method: Effects on comprehension. Journal of Educational Psychology, 107(1), 64-78. doi: 10.1037/a0037478 https://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/features/edu-a0037478.pdf

Sadoski, M., Goetz, E. T., & Avila, E. (1995). Concreteness effects in text recall: Dual coding or context availability? Reading Research Quarterly, 30(2), 278-288. http://www.jstor.org/stable/748038

Scott, C. (2010). The enduring appeal of “learning styles”. Australian Journal of Education, 54(1), 5-17. (EJ889818) https://www.ofs.edu.sg/resources/plc-differentiation/wp-content/uploads/sites/49/2014/10/Enduring-appeal-of-learning-styles.pdf

Loreta Paniccia

Coordinator, Tutoring Program
Coordinator, Supplemental Instruction
Club Advisor, International Student Organization
SUNY Broome Community College
1017 Front Street
Binghamton, NY 13902
607-778-5162