From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Askey, Kelly L.
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Learning Styles in Tutoring

Hi Everyone,

When I became the peer tutoring supervisor, learning styles assessments were part of the intake process for new peer tutoring students. I have continued doing this, and some students say they find it helpful, and tutors also believe it is beneficial. However, I am wondering if there is any research out there on this topic.

I have searched some academic databases, but surprisingly have not found anything on learning styles as it relates to its use in tutoring. So, if any of you have some sources you could direct me to, I’d appreciate it!

Kelly Askey lodes  |  Peer/Group Tutoring & Study Skills Development Supervisor

Academic Support Center at Florissant Valley

3400 Pershall Rd.| St. Louis, MO 63135  |voice 314.513.4073 | email [log in to unmask]