Lynda,

We keep our online writing services in-house, but we use Smarthinking for online tutoring with other subjects. Like you, we also face demand for tutoring in many subjects for which we do not have tutors available, and Smarthinking has helped us close that gap. They offer tutoring via chat, voice chat, and are now offering “study rooms” where groups of students can connect remotely to the same tutor for group sessions. Statistics gathered each semester reveal that students are happy with this service and the convenience of its hours (tutoring is available in one form or another 24/7), but many would still prefer to meet with tutors in the AEC for face-to-face gatherings.

Buddy

Thomas “Buddy” Shay, M.A.

(he/him/his)

Writing Coordinator