Mike,

We’ve been allowing students to schedule their own appointments in TutorTrac for some time now, and for the most part it works great.  I’d say it has definitely contributed to an increase in usage.  A negative is that since it’s so easy for students to schedule appointments, it’s also easier for them to hit the cancelation and no-show limits we have set up in TutorTrac.  We’ve stepped up our efforts to make our policies more visible in TutorTrac (on the home page, appointment entry screen, etc.) to raise students’ awareness of how to manage their appointment privileges.  We currently have it set up so that students can cancel their own appointments, but they almost always just contact us to cancel.

Bruce Epps

Director, Academic Success

Blackmore Library 211

Capital University