Below is the language that we display for students on the appointment screen in TutorTrac when they are scheduling their own appointments.  The “industry standard” for no-shows seems to be three strikes and you’re out.

Please only schedule 1 appointment at a time for each course that you are currently enrolled in. Please be on time and bring all related materials to your appointment. If you need to cancel an appointment, you MUST contact us at least 3 hours prior to the appointment time. Arriving late (or not at all) will result in a no-show. An excessive number of cancelations or no-shows will result in your appointment-making privileges being suspended. You can contact Academic Success reception at (614) xxx-xxxx or [log in to unmask].

When students reach this no-show limit, we typically hear from them, and I then tell them they need to meet with me to review/explain their appointment history before their appointment-making privileges can be restored.  I tell them that our goal is not to “ban” them from taking advantage of our services, but that they need to understand and follow the appointment rules and policies we have in place.

Bruce Epps

Director, Academic Success

Blackmore Library 211

Capital University