Hello all,

I am brand new to this listserv, so I apologize if this question has already been asked. I'm also very new to my position with tutoring services, so I'm hoping for some input regarding a request we've recently had from one of the academic colleges on our campus. They have requested that we work with instructors of courses to create a comprehensive content-specific quiz for each course that potential tutors would need to pass before being hired as a tutor for that course. Our current hiring requirements are that the student must have earned an A or B in the course (taken at our university) and must have an overall 3.0 GPA or better. I am wondering if anyone else screens applicants using a content-specific quiz. If so, I'd be interested to know the logistics of how you make that work. If not, I'd be interested in knowing what requirements you are using to determine if the applicant has a high enough level of content-specific knowledge.

Again, I'm new so I'm not even sure how replying to this message works, so I'll include my email: [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Katie Pierce

Interim Managing Director

Academic Achievement Center Tutoring Services

Kansas State University

103 Holtz Hall | 785-532-5703