Besides running finals prep. workshops, I don't believe anything should change. We are not miracle workers.  If we try to squeeze in at the last minute everything students have missed or not focused on, we are doing them a disservice and placing unfair pressure on the tutors.

I would continue policies regarding focusing on concepts and processes vs. specific problems.  Writing tutors essentially work a little faster but with the expectation that the students are far enough along in their coursework that they are independently catching patterns of writing errors and understand how to develop their ideas. The tutors still avoid proofreading.

The students may not acquire the immediate benefits they hope for when they walk in at the last minute, but hopefully that tutoring models positive approaches that will allow them to recognize the benefits and return for more help earlier the next semester.

Sincerely,
Debbie Malewicki, M.A.
President
Integrity 1st Learning Support Solutions, LLC
www.Integrity1stLSS.com
Email: [log in to unmask]
Cell:  (475) 238-5635
Office: (203) 800-4100