Hello Evreybody,

Are there any institutions that allow students to schedule their own appointments?

We have both options here. Students are allowed to make appointments online and we also have student assistants that can schedule over the phone and in person.

If so, can you provide some feedback regarding your experience with this (i.e. pros/cons)?

It frees our front desk workers up to help better with the logistics of the office. The only con is that sometimes students think that by deleting or denying the calendar requests, they are officially canceling the appointment.

Also, how do manage cancellations and schedule changes?

Students are also able to cancel their own appointments. The following message is sent to students in their confirmation email.  “IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE DO SO 24 HOURS BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT. ANY CANCELLATION MADE WITHIN 24 HRS OF THE APPOINTMENT WILL BE TREATED AS A MISSED APPOINTMENT. Appointments can ONLY be canceled via MyTutor or over the phone. To cancel, log into MyTutor where you will see a list of your upcoming appointments on your Main Menu. Click the (X) next to the appointment you would like to cancel and your appointment will be canceled.”

If you have specific concerns that you’d like to chat through, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Best,

Charles

Charles T. Morris

Tutor Program Coordinator | Success Advisor

Vulcan Materials Academic Success Center

UABThe University of Alabama at Birmingham

Education Building 240 F2

901 13th Street South

Birmingham, AL  35294

P: 205.934.8184 | F:  205.996.0289 |[log in to unmask]

[log in to unmask]" alt="CRLA_1">

“Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.”

- Norman Schwarzkopf