Aloha,

Our online scheduler warns students that a cancellation made less than 24 hours in advance of the appointment is designated a no-show. If a student has 2 no-shows without an acceptable reason, access to tutoring services may be removed for a semester. A student needs to meet with director to reinstate the tutoring privilege.

More often than not, students have valid reasons for not keeping the appointment. One unacceptable reason usually changes the behavior. In the meeting, we set up a plan to prevent the no-show behavior that usually works. Since priority is given to helping students, removing tutoring privileges is rare. Fortunately there are walk-tutoring services available. Students who prefer our one-to-one contact make an effort to keep appointments.

Rosemarie V. Woodruff, Ph.D.
Director, Learning Assistance Center
University of Hawaii, Manoa Campus
2425 Campus Road, Mezzanine 1