Hello, UFACM!

This is our weekly update, where we keep you up-to-date on upcoming ACM events and happenings. It's almost Thanksgiving, and we've got an event to show for it! Remember to join the Facebook page UF ACM to stay connected with us and catch even more opportunities in the future!

Upcoming Events:

VR in Unreal Engine Workshop
GatorVR

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 4 - 7:30PM

Location: MADE@UF Lab in Marston Basement

GatorVR is hosting a workshop on using the industry-shaking Unreal Engine to develop in virtual reality! It's a super exciting opportunity, and if you ever hoped that somebody would hurry up and develop Aincrad already, why not attend and learn how to do it yourself? MAKE SURE TO HAVE UNREAL ENGINE INSTALLED BEFORE ATTENDING! This needs to be stressed because believe me, it takes quite a while.

Building Serverless Apps with Firebase and GCP
UF Hackathoners

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 5:30 - 6:30PM

Location: MAT 0006

UF Hackathoners is hosting a joint workshop with Google Cloud Platform on Firebase! Building applications has never been easier with Firebase!

Firebase is a mobile and web app development platform that provides developers with a suite of tools and services to help them develop high-quality apps, grow their user base, and earn more profit. Firebase allows you to build applications very quickly because it handles a lot of the backend infrastructure for you.

In this workshop, we will learn about how you can use Firebase to build a "serverless" application in no time! Come out and enjoy some FREE PIZZA and GOOGLE SWAG!

Internship Panel: Featuring the Best UF Interns
UF ACM

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 5:30 - 7PM

Location: MAT 007

Internship Panel with former interns from Facebook, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and MORE! Learn what it takes to advance your career from the very best at UF!

Learn about big companies' internship program geared towards Freshman and Sophomore: Facebook University, Google Engineering Practicum, Microsoft Explorer Program, and Amazon Future!

KAB Laboratories Info Session
UF ACM

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 6:15 - 7:10PM

Location: WEIL 0279

C'mon out for an Info Session with one of the leading companies in computational intelligence and government research! KAB Laboratories is an Epsilon Systems Company, so you won't want to miss this!

UFSIT GBM - Juice Shop
UF Student InfoSec Team

Thursday, November 15th 2018, 5:30 - 6:30PM

Location: CSE E231

For our last meeting of the semester, we'll be working on Juice Shop! Juice Shop is an insecure webapp that will be hacked similarly to CTF problems. For those of you who attended our web hacking lecture last week, this will provide more applications to those skills! And for those of you who missed out, there's no time like the present to check it out this week!

Friday Night Hacks: Thanksgiving Potluck Edition!
UF ACM

Friday, November 16th 2018, 7PM - 12-ish AM (come and go as you like!)

Location: Marston ACM Fishbowl

A message from our Social Chair, Fabiha:

"Hellllo to my beautiful ACM family! Happy Veteran's Weekend and thank the heavens for a day kind of off 😅. UF ACM will be hosting its annual Thanksgiving Potluck to roast other classmates (just kidding) and be thankful for one another's presence and time for helping each other progress in the field of computer science or as a student at UF in general! If you could volunteer and sign up to bring food that night, we would greatly appreciate it!"

Definitely come out and join us for one final hurrah before vacation and exams week!

Our Website: https://ufacm.xyz/

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ufacm/