Good afternoon.

Attached please find a draft proposal component matrix that DSP developed earlier this year.  We are distributing this to the wider campus community for your review and comment.  The purpose of the document is for clarification of expectations that reflect local roles and responsibilities.  This can also serve as a proposal training guide.

Over the summer, UF College and DSP representatives met as a work group to refine this draft document which will soon be distributed campus wide.  The document indicates who is primarily responsible for different parts of a proposal.  The person primarily responsible could be the PI, the Unit (which could be the PI, the PI acting as part of the unit, the department administrator, the college, as determined by the unit), or DSP.

This document is intended to be used as a resource for guidance and best practices.  We intend to place it fully online with navigation features to make it usable and useful to the university community.

Please make any comments or suggestions you may have and send to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Wednesday, November 21.

Thank you very much.

Ron

Ronald C Lester, PhD
Sponsored Programs Manager
UNIVERSITY of FLORIDA
Division of Sponsored Programs | Office of Research
207 Grinter Hall | PO Box 115500 | Gainesville, FL 32611-5500
P: 352-392-8765 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>