From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jill Gosseen
Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Assessing Tutor Math Skills

Hello,
I am running into an issue with tutors who have taken math courses as dual credit.  A couple of my dual credit math tutors are telling me they didn't cover the math material in their dual credit courses that they are now being asked to assist our in seat math students with.  Is anyone else seeing this  issue?  If so, what are you doing to overcome this?  Is anyone using a "math test/quiz" with any new hires to gauge what they know or don't know?  I have also experienced this same situation with dual credit Found of Chem course.  Anything you are willing to share with me is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Jill

Jill Gosseen
LARC Coordinator