Hi Amy,

You may have already though of some of these and included them in your
transfer student orientation.
As a former transfer student, and a support staff member for college student
experience initiatives, I would like to recommend the following be included
as 'Basics about Pace' workshop:

.         Terminology specific to your institution (you can have fun with
this and throw in some slang/phrases often used by others at your school and
their meanings and maybe the school song/cheers/mascot info)

.         A List and map of student services with their locations, services,
hours of operation, contact info, and any specific details such as whether
appointments are required or what they should bring with them. If an
advisor, success coach, or other persons from the offices most pertinent to
students can come and actually introduce themselves to these individuals,
this can help with establishing their connection to the school.

.         Mission, vision, and values of the University framed in relation
to student experience.

.         Virtual or physical tour of campus(es).

Although these topics are basic, these are just a few of the things I wish
were clearly introduced to me as a transfer student. Transfer students can
often be overlooked in implementing your new student experience. Essentially
they need to be welcomed just as new students to the institution, and given
respect for the experience and hard work they've already put in at other
schools prior to arriving.

Another workshop that might be helpful to transfer students is transcript
review in comparison to graduation requirements and financial aid. As a
student, I was unaware that having over a certain amount of credit hours
would affect my financial aid status.

Something that might be helpful for any student is a workshop on how to
narrow down major choices. I was a student with many interests and I had a
hard time figuring out what major to decide on and stick with.

Principles of leadership: I participated in a leadership workshop series as
a student and loved it. There were community leaders that spoke and answered
questions. There were brainstorming sessions on student leadership
opportunities. And we were encouraged to journal our experiences.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Jenelle Conner
Office & Implementation Manager

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.engineerica.com_&d=DwICAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=Lm13mPrQ-hCfpSRxKbef9xGT3D8DmLPYFB4kctcQius&s=QbF83Eb5YP6lHK8rdmREnhyiqgFAZQjxy23RUhRSGhE&e=>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.engineerica.com_images_Engineerica-5FSig.jpg&d=DwICAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=Lm13mPrQ-hCfpSRxKbef9xGT3D8DmLPYFB4kctcQius&s=RU40N4V1fU8rDBU9todRB3K-3ccvuSyJrJolgvRMsQE&e=

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.engineerica.com_&d=DwICAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=Lm13mPrQ-hCfpSRxKbef9xGT3D8DmLPYFB4kctcQius&s=QbF83Eb5YP6lHK8rdmREnhyiqgFAZQjxy23RUhRSGhE&e=> www.engineerica.com (888)249-7227
 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.accucampus.com&d=DwICAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=Lm13mPrQ-hCfpSRxKbef9xGT3D8DmLPYFB4kctcQius&s=tiWZqHXcBG6C4Rs4D3vA9RwPVhilHwrMw6TlZPyMpoo&e=> www.accucampus.com