From: Epps, Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:09 PM
To: Debbie Malewicki <[log in to unmask]>; LRNASST-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]>; LRNASST-L Digest <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Tutoring Session Cancellation Rate

Debbie,

In our rules and policies, a “cancelation” must occur at least one hour prior to the scheduled appointment time (we recommend at least three hours’ advance notice).  If a student attempts to cancel less than one hour before the appointment or any time after the appointment start time, it goes to a no-show.  We also have TutorTrac set up to record any logins more than 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment start time as no-shows (if the late start is due to the student’s late arrival).  In those cases, the visit can proceed and gets recorded as such in our system; it just also counts as a no-show on the student’s appointment history.

Bruce Epps
Director, Academic Success
Blackmore Library 211
Capital University
1 College and Main
Columbus, Ohio  43209-2394
Ph. (614) 236-6461
Fax (614) 236-6728
www.capital.edu/academic-success/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.capital.edu_academic-2Dsuccess_&d=DwIGaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=s20V2eVziQtdSLubPM_Af9XIi0QqkivPaqyrrVSygAk&s=AdVx8J33G3-OdNfG1jXaGxg-u53sXGqJd7snE0HwLOQ&e=>
Schedule appointments at tutortrac.capital.edu