I’m forwarding this for a colleague.
To schedule a meeting, please use the following link and, once on the Request New Appointment page, select my name as the Academic Counselor.
Leslie Perkins, M.S.
Academic Counselor, Academic Support and Success Center
College of Osteopathic Medicine
[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">
Liberty University | Training Champions for Christ since 1971
“No one rises to low expectations.” Les Brown
Please consider joining our team!
Medical Education Learning Specialist – Academic Specialist Advisor-Fixed Term
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine’s Office of Academic Achievement invites applicants for the position of Academic Specialist-Advisor. Position is in Grand Rapids, MI. Reporting to the Director of Academic Achievement, this position will develop and facilitate programs, services and resources that support student retention, academic success and individualize support throughout the Shared Discovery Curriculum. In addition, provides academic coaching for all students.
• Develops high-quality workshops or resources to assist students in gaining the necessary skills and learning strategies to be successful in the Shared Discovery Curriculum.
• Coaches students individually or in small groups to assist them in achieving their academic goals within the Shared Discovery Curriculum.
• Assists with the training of tutors and small group leaders who facilitate academic enhancement programs in the Shared Discovery Curriculum.
• Assists students in preparing for individual clerkship and USMLE Step 1 and 2 Licensure Exams
• Assists students with learning and study strategies (enhance clinical reasoning, develop time management skills, implement self-testing methods, improve test-taking skills, etc.).
Required Degree: Master's -Education, educational psychology, study biological sciences or related fields.
Desired Degree: Doctorate -MD., DO, PhD, EdD
• Master's degree in Education, educational psychology, study biological sciences or related fields.
• Minimum of two years of experience working with diverse adult learners in higher education or medical education settings.
• Familiar with learning and study strategies.
• Areas of study: Education, educational psychology, educational counseling, biological sciences or related fields.
• MD., DO, PhD, EdD
Required Application Materials: CV and Cover Letter
Review of Applications Begins On: 12/13/2018
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Human Medicine
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
MSU Statement: Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Eron Drake, Ed.D.
Director of the Office of Academic Achievement
Michigan State University
College of Human Medicine
804 Service Road, Room A112N
East Lansing, MI 48824
[log in to unmask]" alt="MSU-Wordmark-Green-120-pxls">
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]