Mike,

All of our tutoring is appointment-based, and we do carefully track cancelations using TutorTrac.  This fall semester our student cancelation rate was just about 13% (for tutoring, writing, and coaching combined), which was similar to recent semesters (15.2% SP18, 12.4% FA17, 13.3% SP17).  In TutorTrac it’s easy enough to run a Scheduling/Appointments report and break it down by appointment status, then just divide the total number of appointments by the number of appointments with a status of “Student Canceled.”  I’d love to get our average down closer to yours!

Bruce Epps

Director, Academic Success

Blackmore Library 211

Capital University