From: Open Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Debbie Malewicki <[log in to unmask]>
1. Do a walk-through visit of campus services that are essential to success: Health Services, Dean of Students, Campus Access Services for special needs students, advising center, Registrar's Office, Bursar's Office, Student Activities, and wherever students should go for tutoring if it's not the same spot they meeting during the workshop.
2. I'm a big fan of how to take notes for various types of classes since it differs significantly between a math class and an English class, for example.
3. Time management that includes making a weekly personal chart
4. Appropriate vs. inappropriate campus conduct and consequences
5. A visit from offices that handle internships and externships and, if you offer it, study abroad options
6. Academic integrity presented by somebody outside of the English Department so that the students receive the message that this is a multidisciplinary concern, ideally with a short pitch at the end from a librarian and a Writing Center tutor on how students with questions and concerns can visit with them
My company can help you flesh out workshops on any of these topics or others should you wish.
Happy transfer period!
Debbie Malewicki, M.A.
Integrity 1st Learning Support Solutions, LLC
Email: [log in to unmask]
Cell: (475) 238-5635
Office: (203) 800-4100