Hi Amy,

I think a great topic for workshops for transfer students is that transfer students are often viewed as more prepared/mature by some campus units than traditional students, if that is true for your campus. I was well into my time at UC Berkeley after transferring before I found this out, and it gave me a reality-based boost.

It was important to actually have the folks at the undergraduate research support team, for example, tell me this to my face, so maybe quoted statements from staff on a slide or handout would be good.

Best,
Nicholas

Nicholas Santascoy
Learning Instructor, Office of Learning Resources
Weingarten Center | University of Pennsylvania
3702 Spruce Street, Suite 300 | Philadelphia, PA 19104 | 215.573.9235
www.vpul.upenn.edu/lrc/

Hello All,

Greetings from Westchester County, New York.

The Learning Assistance Center @ Pace offers academic skills workshops for various groups of students, some course content focused, some skills based.

In the spring semester 2019, we anticipate about fifty new transfer students, and we would like to offer a workshop series addressing specific academic needs of transfer students.

Can anyone offer suggestions of topics that help transfers transition to the school community?

Thank you for sharing your insight.

 Best,

Amy Jenal

Coordinator of Academic Coaching & Study Skills

 Learning Assistance Center

 Pace University

 861 Bedford Road

 Mortola Library    Room 309D