Please share as you see fit.

Hello,

Tower Hill Insurance is looking for some new team members to help kickstart the push to AWS.  We’ve tried the process of “hiring the expert” and found that many of them are not entirely honest on their resume.  At the present time, we are the first AWS Direct Connect Customer with GRU here in town with a direct 1gbs link.

We do the large majority of our development in-house (and continuing to increase), 95% java, 5% python for the appdev teams, on the linux side, 80% bash, 20% python.  Github/Jenkins and some custom tools are used for CI and deployment.

There’s a _lot_ of open source stuff here and we’re pretty open to new stuff.   ELK/Kafka/Apache httpd/Apache tomcat/keepalived/redis/ActiveMQ/Solr/HAProxy.  99% of machines are VM under VMware (and hopefully will be able to migrated to AWS).  98% of Linux is RHEL and mostly build with automated kickstarts based on reverse DNS server role setting.

From the company point of view, we are growing and going national, having successfully started to write business (personal and commercial property insurance policies) in several new states within the last year and adding more this year.   If you are passionate about open source and want to use open source technologies to build the foundation of a national technology infrastructure, this is where to do it.

If you’re interested, or would like to see if the experience that you have might be a fit, please shoot me an email.

Colin

352-642-2680

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email including any attachments, contains
confidential information belonging to the sender. It may also be
privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this emailed information is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify us by
reply email of the error and then delete this email immediately.