I used to run a column called Ties & Bonds when I edited Connections. This
is part of the kind of stuff I put into it:

Duncan "Watts will join the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania in
July 2019 as a PIK Professor.  He will have joint appointments in
Engineering, Communications and Business." [Source: Wikipedia]

I guess my hope is that Socnet will become more than conference
announcements

   Barry Wellman

   Step by step, link by link, putting it together--Streisand/Sondheim
        The earth to be spannd, connected by network--Walt Whitman
              It's Always Something--Roseanne Roseannadanna

              A day like all days, filled with those events
          that alter and illuminate our times--Walter Cronkite
   NetLab Network      			                            FRSC
   Distinguished Visiting Scholar   Social Media Lab   Ryerson University
         Founder, International Network for Social Network Analysis
   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.chass.utoronto.ca_-7Ewellman&d=DwIBAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=xSd0K7lapfMJaTfy8M3dLFHA5fLI0g-8lSszquPRNYc&s=LkvpDLto9XrGL3hAhIWuNb8QTJX-PLyh36-qdk5pnnk&e=            https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__amzn.to_zXZg39&d=DwIBAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=xSd0K7lapfMJaTfy8M3dLFHA5fLI0g-8lSszquPRNYc&s=Q1Hgwo8CjdKZF-jX1AGChmRptI5--ePs49aloieQcEg&e=
              https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__en.wikipedia.org_wiki_Barry-5FWellman&d=DwIBAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=xSd0K7lapfMJaTfy8M3dLFHA5fLI0g-8lSszquPRNYc&s=YLi6gMsFGAVOgJskDF1GM_jfvj6CKAWQZ3OrsfkX2iM&e=