***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
The IMT Atlantique, an Elite Graduate School specialized in digital technology, energy and environment invites applications for the position of a Post-Doctoral Scholar in Social Dynamics research group.
The person will leverage and improve methods from Social Network Analysis and Temporal Motifs identification in Complex Networks to advance theory and applications in the area of interaction analysis in Temporal Networks.
This will be interdisciplinary research with applications in Learning Analytics and social practices in the media sector, where Economists, Sociologists or practitioners in education study collective phenomena emerging from the interactions of individuals.
The person will be involved with at least one of the following two projects:
1) Learning Analytics: Collect and explore data about learning and between learners with the aim of transforming this data into new insights that can benefit students, teachers, and administrators.
This project is funded by the Institut Carnot Telecom & Digital Society.
2) Pluralism of online news: Collaborate on data analysis to develop novel theories and contribute to the development of innovative approaches in the study of news consumption behavior and community of opinion dynamics. This project is funded by the French National Research Agency and is conducted with the Universities Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3 and La Rochelle. http://www.agence-nationale-recherche.fr/Project-ANR-17-CE27-0010
Statement of duties:
- Conduct high quality research in the general area of social dynamics
- Collaborate with graduate students
- Supervise small, interdisciplinary teams that involve graduate and undergraduate students
- Prepare and publish research findings in journals and at national conferences
Candidates should have a Ph.D. in computer science as well as evidence of conducting research aligned with the projects’ interests. Applicants should have a track record of publishing in the areas of complex network science. Applications should have strong research experience with machine learning, handling large datasets, and Python development. Ideally, candidates have experience in motif detection in temporal networks.
Appointment status: The position is a full-time appointment (100%) for an initial period of 12 months. Start date will be March 1, 2019.
Salary statement: Salary will be commensurate with experience from 2528 € gross/monthly.
Application process: To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, CV, up to three related publications, and the name and contact information for three references to Laurent Brisson ([log in to unmask]) and Cécile Bothorel ([log in to unmask]).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Close date for applications: February 14th, 2019