Dear SOCNETers,

We kindly invite you to submit your abstract to the ”Organizational Networks” organized session at the XXXIX Sunbelt Conference.

Session Description

The networked nature of organizations creates a complex ecosystem where individuals, groups, units, and other organizations are entangled. Such entanglement shapes organizations in a dynamic way and affects their outcomes at multiple levels. This session aims to bring together studies on organizational networks addressing antecedents, dynamics, and implications of the cross-level processes leading to the emergence of relations and outcomes at various levels.

 Submissions to this session can refer, but are not limited, to the following areas of research:

·      Micro-foundations of organizational networks: How individual characteristics (i.e., motivation, personality) and cognitions affect the emergence of network structures and how, in turn, these network structures affect individuals;

·      Dynamics of organizational networks: How network structures at various levels coevolve and affect one another, as well as organizational processes and outcomes;

·      Issues of time-dependence in organizational networks: How organizational networks at various levels change at different paces over time;

·      Overlap and interplay between social and other kinds of networks within and across organizational settings: How organizational networks are affected by the affiliation of individuals, or organizations to events or contexts.

We welcome both theoretical as well as empirical contributions that address the various aspects and implications of organizational networks research.

Submission Details

We seek for extended abstract submissions of 500 words max. The deadline for submissions is February 1st, 2019, 23:00 (EDT-UTC-5:00).

Submission Instructions

Please submit your abstract through the conference submission system (https://www.fourwav.es/view/717/submission/) and select the organized session titled "Organizational Networks" in the drop-down menu.

The conference website provides additional information: https://www.fourwav.es/view/717/info/

We look forward to seeing you in Montréal!

Spyros Angelopoulos – Tilburg University (The Netherlands)
Francesca Pallotti – University of Greenwich (UK)
Paola Zappa – Maynooth University (Ireland)