***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
With apologies for cross-posting:
The DISSINET project (“Dissident Religious Cultures in Medieval Europe from the Perspective of Social Network Analysis and Geographic Information Systems”), based at Masaryk University, Faculty of Arts, Department for the Study of Religions and funded by a “Projects of Excellence” grant from the Czech Science Foundation for the period between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2023, is searching for a postdoctoral researcher to join its recently established team. The position is full-time, fixed-term, for 24 months with a very likely extension (based on the quality of collaboration) to the end of the project (31 December 2023). The expected start date is 1 April 2019 (negotiable). The deadline for applications is 20 February 23:59 CET (UTC+1).
- Ph.D. or equivalent in history, medieval studies, the study of religions, or another field related to the project’s focus
- Specialization in either (a) religious dissent and/or inquisitorial or other trial records in medieval or early modern Europe, or (b) historical research informed by computational, network-analytical, or quantitative methods
- Secure command of Latin and English
- Computer-friendly mindset (tables, digital tools)
- Academic writing skills in English
- Team spirit, moral integrity, reliability
- Full-time research position in a committed interdisciplinary team working on an exciting frontier-research project
- Competitive salary above the average for similar positions in the Czech Republic (good ratio between salary and local living costs)
- Individual research budget for participating in conferences and workshops, buying books, etc. (ca. 3,000 € each year)
- Training and growth in interdisciplinary digital research (social network analysis, geographic information systems, databases)
- Participation in writing high-profile publications in history, social network analysis, and the digital humanities
- Friendly and informal working environment
The position requires physical presence in Brno, the Czech Republic.
The selection procedure has two rounds: the first is based on the submitted attachments, the second (for short-listed applicants) is based on written exchange and interview through Skype or personally in Brno.
The candidate’s doctoral degree does not need to be recent for this postdoctoral position. Career breaks do not pose any problem. Applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged.
More information about this position and link to the e-application:
Please feel free to contact the project’s PI, Dr. David Zbíral, at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.
With all best wishes,
Dr. David Zbíral
Associate Professor at Masaryk University (Study of Religions)
General Secretary of the Czech Association for the Study of Religions, http://www.casr.cz/indexen.php
Department for the Study of Religions, http://religionistika.phil.muni.cz/en
Faculty of Arts | Masaryk University
Arna Nováka 1 | 602 00 Brno | Czech Republic
[log in to unmask]
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.