Dear all,

Our program recently received CRLA Level 1 certification, and we're now looking ahead to the development of our Level 2 trainings. If anyone would be willing to share, I'm particularly interested to see how others have approached diversity/cultural awareness training. My primary goals are that the tutors walk out of the training with a solid foundation of what culture, diversity, and identity mean broadly and in their own lives, and that they then learn how this can manifest in the work they do with students whose backgrounds and stories may be significantly different from their own.

I'd love to see what you've all done. If your comfortable with it, please share to the list.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Best,
Susana

Susana Brower, M.A.
Assistant Coordinator, Tutorial Assistance Program
Academic Resource Center
UC Riverside
Skye Hall, First Floor
Direct: (951) 827-5345|Front desk: (951) 827-3721