Congratulations! We actually just moved into a new center ourselves. Here’s some suggestions based on what I’ve seen so far in our center and around our campus:

·         We have classrooms with whiteboard tables, and they are really great for tutoring/collaborative work. The only downside I’ve seen is they do not erase super cleanly.

·         We also have classrooms with walls covered in whiteboard-paint. Again, they’re great for collaborative/tutoring work, but don’t erase very easily.

·         In our center, we have tables that have a monitor installed (it goes up and down into the table); we’re still waiting on the monitors.

·         Moveable chairs and tables to make different spaces more flexible to students’/programs’ needs.

Since I’m relatively new on my campus, I have no idea who the vendors for any of the above are. Good luck with designing your new center!

Timurhan Vengco

Coordinator, Supplemental Instruction

The Learning Center, SSC-160

California State University, Long Beach

(562) 985-5686

Pronouns: He, his, him

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." Muhammad Ali