Congratulations on your new center!
- permanently installed white boards
- mobile white boards
- a partition between our really large room to allow for a group session/SI/workshop on one side and regular tutoring on the other
- mailboxes (slots) for the tutors
- storage cabinet with lock for technology
- chairs with good lumbar support
- shelving for books for reference purposes
- cabinets with locks for instructors' editions and/or solutions manuals
Not so great ideas:
- tables that are standalone as opposed to ones that can merge with others to move from small group set ups to a larger, conference-type arrangement
- filing cabinets for tutor use (They were rarely used.)
- sign-in station tables that were too low as you want to invite faster traffic flow by people standing in front of them vs. sitting to make an appointment or complete a quick exit survey
- SMART boards
This part is fun, so enjoy!
Debbie Malewicki, M.A.
Integrity 1st Learning Support Solutions, LLC
Email: [log in to unmask]
Cell: (475) 238-5635
Office: (203) 800-4100
Hello LRSNASST Group!
I am being charged with designing a new (modestly sized) learning center on our campus. Hooray!
I wanted to know what your best – and even worst – Learning Center purchases have been. In particular, what furniture has worked best for flexibility and what pieces were purchased with great intentions but tutors later did not use them
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Bonus points for hyperlink and/or contact information for vendors.
Ashley N. Long, MS
Learning Center Leadership Certification – Level 2
Coordinator of Learning Resources
| The Center for Teaching and Learning
[log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask]" style="width:.7604in; height:.2395in">
Safe Zone Ally Facilitator
[log in to unmask]" alt="https://www.parker.edu/uploadedImages/0000_Home/0012_Images/Email_Signature/Parker_H_RGB.png" style="width:1.3125in; height:.4583in">
2540 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75229
T: 972.438.6932 x7421 | F: 214.902.2427
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, including any attachment(s), is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete the original message and any copies of it from your computer system. Any use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if any) by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
[log in to unmask]" alt="tps://christmas-treefarms.com/recycling_64x64-ready-2.png" style="width:.1562in; height:.1562in">
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]