Hi Kelly,

You are correct to move away from learning styles so that students don't
limit themselves in their strategies.  At USF we used a nice study
strategies model called the GAMES model.  I have attached it.  We contacted
the authors for permission.

This model helps students consider a wide range of strategies.  Of course
not all strategies are right for the task or the individual, so when we
explained this model we encouraged students to select the strategies that
best fit the task.  This model was a handy tool for tutors when working
with students and offering additional strategies.

Best,

*Pat*

*Patricia A. Maher, Ph.D.*
*Former Director, USF Academic Success Center*

*[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>813-541-8821*