From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gustavson, Karen
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 12:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [External] Guest speakers

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. Please exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email - APSU IT Security. ***
________________________________
Hello,

I wanted to get recommendations from the group on the best guest speakers and or consultant you have seen.  Here are some of the basic topics:

Assessment
Increasing student learning/motivation
Transfer/Advising
Career/Advising
Active Learning, Culturally responsive instructional strategies
Curriculum Revision
Infusing instructional technology that makes a difference

These workshops are for faculty and staff.  However, I am also looking for at least one guest speaker that would appeal to both Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.

I have had the pleasure of seeing both Dr. Sandra McGuire and  Dr. Thom Angelo at conferences.

Please suggest other topics and/or other guest speakers.  I am writing a proposal to our Program Director in Washington to arrange these experiences for our faculty and staff.

Sincerely,

Karen

Karen Gustavson
Title V Activity & Connection Center Director
Career Development & Transfer Services
Dodge City Community College
105 LRC
2501 North 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801

Cell: (620) 397-3263 (preferred)
Office: (620) 227-9400
Fax: (620) 227-9113

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lists.ufl.edu_archives_lrnasst-2Dl.html&d=DwQFAg&c=pFsveJJPHV1MuWVdwlSI7Q&r=LLJcVZFbGsnLxP-6hq2DrA&m=vfAt85vjnEm9vGYLga9-E_ZKdMahg_o4ah5OYFZRjns&s=3140qMMmb4XFj-pKaBXhl9MIQ2Ok9vuhxAinDe8X0NA&e=> To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>