Hi Michele,

We have implemented Embedded Tutoring on 2 teaching models. Here is what we have posted on the Peer Tutoring Program website:

This service is designed to assist the faculty interested in embedding tutors in their courses which are either project (curriculum) based or problem based.

·         Project based: It takes place when a tutor is embedded in a project based course to assist the faculty during class by helping students with a variety of tasks. Embedded tutoring has been used for a number of years by faculty members teaching the ENGW 1110 and ENGW 1111 courses, and more recently in Modern Language classes. The embedded tutors in the freshman writing courses assist students during class with all the stages in the writing process.

·         Problem based: It takes place when a tutor is embedded in a problem based course to assist the faculty during class by helping students with problem solving. Embedded tutoring has been used in the past year by a faculty member teaching a General Chemistry course. This service works best when the problem based learning methodology is applied in the design and delivery of the course material.

I hope this helps you to put it in perspective.

Tina

Tina Kondopoulos

Director, Peer Tutoring Program

1 Meserve Hall