Hi, Jenai,

I've done this. As much as possible, I have tutors work a shift in our main
location so i can check in with them each week. I also use my more senior
tutors whom I know and can rely on to do their jobs responsibly. It's also
important to keep in contact with the faculty and staff at the remote site;
they can be great partners and advocates for your staff. Finally, I always
work with my deans to try to staff someone full-time at these sites so that
the tutors aren't just hanging out by themselves. Our latest full-time
staff member (she reports to the location supervisor, not to me, but is
housed in our space) is fantastic. She promotes our services, decorates our
area, and invites students in to study, meet with a tutor, and use our
space, becoming an important resource for these students just as our desk
staff at the main location is. Her efforts have increased our usage of the
space hundreds of percent. We were able to train her in how we do things
and record data at our main location before she went to the remote site,
and we're lucky enough to have her attend our training and
end-of-the-semester functions.

Good luck!

Mary

[image: Paradise Valley Community College logo]
Mary Early, Ph.D.
Paradise Valley Community College
MARICOPA COMMUNITY COLLEGES
Director | Learning Success Center
18401 N. 32nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85032
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.paradisevalley.edu_students_learning-2Dsuccess-2Dcenter&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=chgRc-yJb-VMBebYzarSQdHcNLkzYyHUmvYX_ebyNsA&s=H1SKv2nQNb71YR0p3ODtlUcQkMhnrBuYI9P-AEPM79Q&e=
O: 602-787-7183