From: Andrews, Calla <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:04 PM
Subject: One Credit Hour Skills Class

Dear Colleagues,

I currently teach a three-credit hour study skills class that is mandatory for students who are placed on academic probation. I am proposing that it be changed to a one-credit hour class that is run more like a series of workshops on different learning strategies and time-management skills. Since our school is currently on a quarter system, I would have eight class meetings with the students.

Does anyone teach something similar? I need comparable examples for my proposal. Also, I would appreciate seeing a syllabus for a one-credit hour study skills type class.

Thank you!
Calla

--

CALLA ANDREWS

Academic Support Services Coordinator

The Learning Center

Phone: 574.372.5100 ext. 6427

Mobile: 574.265.4426

Office: Morgan Library, Room # 202

[https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lh3.googleusercontent.com_n93YrEugWompe7R-5F34GK3E7MLS6LkFYZqAoHyZBI2V1IfPRYyg7wEd0wERj-5F7BHDeXvt1MF8e0gh58lI664rlArmSHYgtUkpmBR0RLNPRmRDHblVLHSNTsgAR75p2NDw6V4PT-5F22&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=hXktVY6cOL5F2_B85VshRXZG6JRjxejE3toxjXkkiO4&s=rI5r6_E9GopCaTTXn4tt8h-IDCMyKd7rlv9sRE8w5qI&e=]