Below is what we use at Wesley College.  I shared more than just our
attendance policy.  :)
Hopefully the formatting didn't mess up the information too much.

Student Employee Expectations
As an employee, you represent the Department of Student Success and
Retention in terms of work
ethic, image, and level of professionalism while also upholding academic
integrity standards. You
are not only a student, but also a paraprofessional member of Wesley’s
programs in the Department
of Student Success and Retention. Therefore, you will be expected to adhere
to the below
guidelines.

Professionalism:
As with any other job, employers expect employees to be on time, dedicated,
mature, courteous, and
active participants in the operations of the business. Being a student
employee for the Department
of Student Success and Retention is no different.

Student employees should make every effort—no matter what a day presents—to
be a paraprofessional
who respects their coworkers, supervisors, and students we serve.

Ethics:
Student employees are expected to maintain a high ethical level of
behavior. Speaking negatively
about instructors, students, tutees, or tutor, will not be tolerated. If
this type of unethical and
unprofessional conversations occurs, the SSR team will meet to discuss
appropriate course of
action, and outcomes will be assessed on a case- by-case basis.

Confidentiality:
Student employees are required to sign an annual confidentiality agreement.
When working with
students, you will learn personal information about them, such as grades,
telephone numbers, and
e-mail addresses. All information must remain confidential. In addition, as
per the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), anything discussed or overheard
concerning a student’s
academic record is private unless you are given written, signed permission
from the student. For more information
about FERPA, please reference the appendices in this handbook.

Substance Use:
Students are not permitted to use substances, including but not limited to,
drugs, alcohol, and
tobacco while working.

Academic Integrity:
Any student worker who violates Wesley College’s Academic Honesty policy
will be terminated. You
can find an outline of the Academic Honesty Policy using the link below:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wesley.edu_academics_policies_academic-2Dhonesty-2Dpolicy&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=-HzLT3CFgCoup6u4alJoEx1YELvXe8TfkwVPnfnpSF4&s=9zfc9QmKL6d1iCfNTpYzW4AKIOOHe6ay31nxNeAUC-c&e=

Guidelines for Dress and Behavior:
• Cell phone use [including texting] is prohibited while working. We
understand emergencies may
arise; in which case, we ask that you step out of the Tutoring Center
(TC)/Academic Success Center
(ASC) to use your cell phone. Set your phone to vibrate when working to
prevent disturbing others
who are studying.
•    Earbuds, iPods, music players, or headphones of any kind are NOT
permitted.
•   FOOD IS NOT TO BE CONSUMED while on duty in the TC or the ASC.
•  Only water bottles with lids are permitted inside the TC and ASC.
• Hats, other headgear such as visors or bandanas, and sunglasses are not
permitted while working.
• Clothing should be free from any words or phrasing that could be
interpreted as obscene,
suggestive, or offensive with regard to sex, religion, or orientation.
•  Necklines should be appropriate for a work environment.
•  Pants should not be overly baggy causing waistbands to hang below the
waistline.

Consequences for failure to adhere to the above guidelines:
•    First Offense - verbal warning
• Second Offense– meeting with a departmental administrator and signed,
written reprimand placed in
the employee file
•    Third Offense - immediate dismissal

Depending on the nature or severity of the offense, the Student Success and
Retention team may
decide to immediately terminate the student worker position within the
department.

Absence Policy:
• Tutors must call or email the Coordinator of Tutoring Programs
(302-736-2565) [log in to unmask] with any absences. Please do
so as early as possible, in case you have a session with a student and
other arrangements need to be made.

• ASC Monitors should first try to find a replacement for their shift if
they will be absent for any reason. In addition, they must call or email
the Office Manager for Student Success and Retention (302-736-2525 or
[log in to unmask]) to report absences and let her know the
substitute. Please do so as early as possible, in case other arrangements
need to be made.

• IN ADDITION:
o Failure to notify the Office Manager, Coordinator, and/or the Director of
absences and/or excessive absences are unprofessional and will result in a
review of your position. This supersedes the “3 strike” offense previously
outlined.

Christine McDermott
Director of Student Success & Retention

Wesley College
120 North State Street
Dover, DE 19901

Direct: 302.736.2492
Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wesley.edu&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=-HzLT3CFgCoup6u4alJoEx1YELvXe8TfkwVPnfnpSF4&s=iR2yzuY1N5If10Efy2IvrdAsOBP49zs4WcbxFsLir04&e=

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM Coleman, Melinda L <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Does anyone have a policy in place for allowed # of work absences for your
> student tutors, coaches, etc., with repercussions for exceeding those
> absences?  Any language you use, experiences you have had, solutions you
> have found would be appreciated!
>

> Thanks, Lindy
>

> Lindy Coleman
>
> Director, Center for Student Learning
>
> College of Charleston

> 843-953-8180
>

> *This email and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The
> information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
> addressed and may be legally protected from disclosure. Any review,
> release, copying, distribution, or use of this email communication by
> others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete all copies.*

Christine M. McDermott