Hi Eileen,

We use multiple measures at our technical college for all of our placement, including Math and English. High school GPA and ACT scores figure prominently. However, if for any reason a student is not able to use their GPA or ACT scores to place into a class or program, we still use Accuplacer in those cases.

Hope this helps,

Emily

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Eileen Howell
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [External Sender] question on testing and placement - community colleges

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Mid-State Technical College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Good morning,

I've been asked to see if I can gather some information about placement testing.

Are there any community colleges who use multiple measures to place students in Math and English, that do not include placement testing such as essays or Accuplacer?

What are those measures?

Eileen Howell

Interim Director

Coordinator of Student Support Services

SUNY Sullivan

Dept. of Learning and Student Development

(NVRA registration site)

845-434-5750 x 4328

Emily Janssen
Academic Coach
Mid-State Technical College / Wisconsin Rapids Campus
500 32nd Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
715/422-5647

mstc.edu
LIKE us at facebook.com/MidStateTech
FOLLOW us at twitter.com/FollowMSTC

MSTC

This email transmission is intended only for the use of the individual to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and then delete the email destroying all copies.