From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lynn Schmitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 2:56 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Activities for teaching tutors about ethics

Hi Michelle,
We have a Level 1 activity that is fun and provides the tutors the opportunity to share their skills with one another. Attached is a list of  Ethics Scenarios that I got from the Lrnasst. I cut them into one scenario strips. My experienced tutors also write some ethics scenarios that they have encountered too. All the strips are put into a large “fishbowl” type vessel. Each tutor reaches in and takes one. We go around the table, reading the situation aloud, the tutor holding the situation gives their reply and then everyone else adds their input.  Sometimes, there’s  a lot of laughter, but we take it seriously. I call this exercise “Diving for Dilemmas.”
It can be as quick or as lengthy as your time allows.
Best regards,
Lynn

Lynn Schmitz
Program Director

ACCESS Peer Assisted Learning
Division of Academic Affairs
Williston Hall 100 E | DeKalb, Illinois 60115-2828
815-753-0499 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[cid:B8B367D6-808F-470A-9A87-1286F00ABAD4]

The secret in education is to respect the learner.
Ralph Waldo Emerson