From: Andrews, Calla <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:04 PM
Subject: One Credit Hour Skills Class

Dear Colleagues,

I currently teach a three-credit hour study skills class that is mandatory for students who are placed on academic probation. I am proposing that it be changed to a one-credit hour class that is run more like a series of workshops on different learning strategies and time-management skills. Since our school is currently on a quarter system, I would have eight class meetings with the students.

Does anyone teach something similar? I need comparable examples for my proposal. Also, I would appreciate seeing a syllabus for a one-credit hour study skills type class.

Thank you!
Calla

--

CALLA ANDREWS