Danna,

If an academic program requires tutoring, then doesn’t the provision of tutoring become an academic requirement of that program?  I’d hope your administrator would support that line of response.

Would the right approach be to offer to train the tutors that this department will hire (or pay) and supervise these tutors in your center?  You would then have an opportunity to assess the effectiveness of required tutoring in your center, all other factors remaining equal.

Karen

Sent from my iPad