From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Loon, Marissa
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2019 11:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Summer Tutoring

Hello,

I run the peer tutoring program at Jacksonville University and we are currently struggling with how to handle summer tutoring. Over the years the University has expected us to staff tutors over the summer for the courses offered. This year, the major difference is that of the courses being offered throughout the summer, about half of them are online courses and only about half are campus based. Even when the majority of courses were campus based last summer, we still had very few students coming in for tutoring. In a time of trying to be budget-conscious but also student-focused, I'm trying to find effective and efficient ways to offer summer tutoring.

Has anyone here come across a similar problem? How do you handle summer tutoring at your institution (if you offer it at all)?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,
Marissa

Marissa Loon
Associate Director of Academic Support

Jacksonville University
Swisher Library | 3rd Fl. | #308
Jacksonville, Florida  32211
904.256.7680 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Secretary
College Reading & Learning Association
www.crla.net<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.crla.net_&d=DwMFAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=qPkesDiHo-mzIBL5bSJlOOxOXRfpD6c7O7Dd17w1Kw8&s=J4yYsURhJaKKa3vAHQlc4bPyK3aEBPCw7XWT1vfANIM&e=>