Apologies for cross-posting. Given Twitter's prevalence as a go-to dataset for studying social media, I thought my latest study might be of particular interest to many of you, charting Twitter's evolution from 2012-2018 through its 1% stream, from its declining overall tweet volume to its transition from a content platform to a behavioral platform via the shift towards retweeting, as well as the aging of its user accounts and the centralization of its narratives.

The transition of Twitter from a content platform to a behavioral platform via its centralization around elite accounts and the rising retweet density have particular algorithmic and methodological implications for Twitter studies, especially for network analysis.

 https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2019/03/04/visualizing-seven-years-of-twitters-evolution-2012-2018/

The study is actually an update on my 2012 and 2015 analyses that extends their findings over the last seven years:

https://firstmonday.org/article/view/4366/3654

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/08/twitter-global-social-media/402415/

Kalev