Dear SOCNETters,

We are glad to announce the call for the sixth edition of the summer School that we will organize this year.

2nd CALL: deadline for submissions is very close!

Please, feel free to redistribute among potential attendants and accept our apologies in advance if you receive this email more than once.

Call for participation

VI Mediterranean School of Complex Networks

http://mediterraneanschoolcomplex.net/

Short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9Pmi5GOsg

31 Aug - 6 Sep 2019
Salina, Italy

In the last decade, network theory has been revealed to be a perfect instrument to model the structure of complex systems and the dynamical process they are involved into. The wide variety of applications to social sciences, technological networks, biology, transportation and economic, to cite just only some of them, showed that network theory is suitable to provide new insights into many problems.
Given the success of the past editions (2014-2015-2016-2017-2018) of the Mediterranean School of Complex Networks, we call for applications to the Sixth Edition in 2019. If you are curious about the last edition, you can find more information in the new "From the School" section of the Journal of Complex Networkshttps://doi.org/10.1093/comnet/cny035

The goal of this school is twofold:
For this reason, the program will involve lectures from experts in different fields (social science, game theory, biology, physics, etc) for 70% of the duration of the school. The remaining time will be dedicated to student activities (including talks, debates, "social network games").

Lecturers

Focused Seminars

Local Organizing Committee

School Directors

How to participate

The school will take place in Salina, a small island in the north of Sicily (Italy). Salina, fully covered by green vegetation and surrounded by the sea, represents a suitable small and quite environment to achieve the purposes of this school.

Registration is mandatory for participants, visit the webpage. School fee is 500 euros, lectures, transfers from Catania to Salina, and accommodation are included. School fee + social events is 575¤.

This year, we will grant two scholarships, sponsored by the Complex Systems Society, that will cover the School fee.

Please, note that meals are NOT included (except for social dinner).

Participation is limited to 50 attendants. Early applications will be appreciated.

Important Dates

31 March 2019    Early registration deadline (no payment needed at this stage)
15 April 2019      Notification of Acceptance
15 May 2019       Registration deadline (payment needed)

You can visit the website of the School for further details about the program, the location, previous editions, to apply or to contact the organizers.

You can follow it on Twitter for real-time information:

@MscxNetworks (hashtag #mscx19)

Please, redistribute among interested peers.

Best regards,

Manlio De Domenico
Alex Arenas