Please join us for a special full-day event on
THE FUTURE OF THE OPEN WEB
to be held at
THE WEB CONFERENCE
in San Francisco on May 16, 2019.

The Web has seen tremendous growth thanks to some of the technical and social decisions that were made in the Web’s formation. Many of these decisions reflect public, cooperative principles—an Open Web—rather than a network that is exclusive, walled, private, and proprietary. However, many questions about the governance and state of the Web have shifted or remained unanswered over time. In this conversation, we will ask what the future of the Web should say about our values, what our values should say about the future of the Web, and how our hopes for an ideal Web of the future might pan out in practice.

An exciting line-up of speakers already bodes well for the discussion (and more speakers will be announced soon):
  • Lawrence Lessig (Harvard University)
  • Marietje Schaake (Member of European Parliament)
  • Brewster Kahle (Internet Archive)
  • Nadia Eghbal (Protocol Labs)
  • Tim Smith (CERN)
  • Alexandra Elbakyan (SciHub)
  • Adam Knight (University of Oxford)
  • Jan Gerlach (Wikimedia Foundation)
As a reminder, the early-bird registration deadline for The Web Conference is coming up soon -- on March 6 -- so get your tickets soon!

Bob West, EPFL
Stephen LaPorte, Wikimedia Foundation
Luc Henry, EPFL